Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Month's Leaders

Trade Offer

I was offered Nathan MacKinnon, Chris Kreider and a 2nd for Evgeni Malkin, Sam Bennett and a 5th, should I take it?

Comments

• LofunzoLofunzo Member, Moderator Posts: 35 mod

This is apparently a keeper, so it would help to know how many you keep, in order to calculate the value of the picks. That said, I like the upside of MacKinnon and Kreider but Malkin is a top player, when healthy. I tend to go with proven talent over potential. The only way that I would do this is if you keep a lot of players and are in serious need of a rebuild. Even then, I'd think long and hard about rejecting.

• WebmasterColinWebmasterColin Member Posts: 2

Another thing to consider is that 3rd and 5th round picks aren't 3rd and 5th round caliber picks in keeper leagues since the top 64 - 96 or so players are already taken. Also the acquisition of Kessel means that there will be less pressure on Malkin to a certain extent.

• ElsyElsy Member Posts: 5

I would do the deal but ask for a 1st rounder in return not a 2nd. If he won't do that don't include Sam Bennett just Malkin and the 5th.