Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Month's Leaders

Trade? Who do you think wins and why?

I would give up Alex Ovechkin for the combo of James van Reimsdyk and Ryan Johansen.

I play in a 10 team, weekly h2h league

Here is our scoring system:
Goal: 6pts
Assist: 3pts
+/-: .5pts (positive or negative 0.5 to reflect + or -)
PPG: 1.5pts extra
PPA: 1pt extra
SHG: 3pts extra
SHA: 2pts extra
GWG: 3pts extra
Faceoffs Won: .5pts
Faceoffs Lost: -.2pts
Hat Tricks: 6pts
SOG: .5pts
Hits: .5pts

Comments

• LofunzoLofunzo Member, Moderator Posts: 35 mod

Unless I'm missing something, in a weekly league, you basically set it and forget it. In that type of league, especially one that only has 10 teams, I would much rather have quality over quantity. For that matter, I generally like the best player in the deal. Keep Ovechkin.

• mightyheracrossmightyheracross Member Posts: 4

@Lofunzo said:
    Unless I'm missing something, in a weekly league, you basically set it and forget it. In that type of league, especially one that only has 10 teams, I would much rather have quality over quantity. For that matter, I generally like the best player in the deal. Keep Ovechkin.

Its weekly h2h. We set our lineups daily. This isn't like a daily fantasy football league where we get to pick new players every week, if thats what you're asking. Its a H2H league where players lock daily at the start of their game. Hope that helps explain it :)

OK. So it's standard H2H with weekly matchups. I still don't like it. You would lose the best player in the deal and you would also have to drop someone to make it fit. I would decline that offer.

This won't change anything but I see that you have a unique scoring system. I'd be curious to know how many points each player has so far this season.

@Lofunzo said:
    OK. So it's standard H2H with weekly matchups. I still don't like it. You would lose the best player in the deal and you would also have to drop someone to make it fit. I would decline that offer.

This won't change anything but I see that you have a unique scoring system. I'd be curious to know how many points each player has so far this season.

Well first, our rosters are made up of:
    -2 Centers
    -2 Right Wingers
    -2 Left Wingers
    -4 Defensemen
    -2 Utility/Flex spots
    -2 Goalies
    -6 Bench
    -2 IR

Also, goalie scoring is as follows:
    Win: 6pts
    Shutout: 6pts
    Save: .5pts
    Goal against: -1pt

The top 5 at each position (avg points per game) are:
    C- Giroux (11.8), Pavelski* (10.1), Crosby (10), Bergeron (10), and Tavares (9.9)
    RW- Pavelski* (10.1), Ovechkin* (10), Seguin* (9.6), Dubinsky* (8.6), Nash* (8.3)
    LW- Pavelski* (10.1), Ovechkin* (10), Dubinsky* (8.6), T. Johnson* (8.4), Zetterberg* (8.4)
    D- Byfuglien* (6.3), Letang (6.2), Burns (5.9), Weber (5.8), Karlsson (5.8)
    G- Price (16.7), Rinne (16.4), Anderson (15.7), Lundqvist (15.6), Varlamov (15.6)

*means they are eligible for multiple positions

I don't see the points for JVR or Johansen but it doesn't matter. You'd be better off keeping Ovechkin.

@Lofunzo Thanks!! Would you mind if I messaged you with another hockey question? Id prefer my league mates not being able to see my other potential trades, if you know what I mean

• ElsyElsy Member Posts: 5

Do not do that deal. Johansen is a solid piece but JVR doesn't make it worth it to deal one of the top 3 scorers in the league. Get something better than JVR and then I might think about it